Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hot Wheels Ecto-1



I'd been looking for this ECTO-1 from Hot Wheels for months now as it's a pretty good looking interpretation of the GB's ride. It's pretty hard to find in stores and I got fed up with digging through hundreds of Hot Wheels cars on the pegs of every store I walk into. So, after experiencing a temporary lapse in good judgment I went ahead and bought it from a seller on fleabay. I paid way more than these things go for in stores plus some ridiculous shipping and handling charges. One of my New Year's resolutions for 2011 is to stay away from picking up stuff on fleabay that's hard to find in stores. I have to stop encouraging the scalpers.



The ECTO-1 looks great but for some reason the scumbags at Mattel have made it rather limited and to make things worse the few that do make it to the pegs usually get snatched up immediately by scalpers. It's crazy how this thing is nowhere to be found in stores, yet there's TONS of them on Fleabay.



This one's part of the 2010 Hot wheels assortment so since the year is coming to an end and the 2011 line is already starting to show up on the pegs I figured the chances of finding this one in stores are even smaller now. It's also been the same way with the Silver Delorean and some of the Batman Hot Wheels. Mattel knows fans are gonna want to pick these up right away so they made a smaller amount of them to drive the market wild.



If you find it in stores pick it up as it's one of the better looking Hot Wheels movie vehicles since the 1989 Tim Burton Batmobile released two years ago. It's got plenty of detail and makes for a great little display piece. I also finally completed my set of Mattel 6 inch Ghostbusters figures from Matty Collector. I'll be back later in the week with some pics and my thoughts on that really awesome line of figures.

1 comment:

chunky B said...

I love your photos. Are you using the Hipstamatic app on an iphone for these? Gives it a very nostalgic look.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails