Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Here comes Suzy Snowflake...



Back in the early 80's I used to love watching The Bozo Show every morning. Once I started school it was tough to tune in since I wasn't home anymore, but during the Holiday season I always looked forward to Christmas break so I could stay home and watch Bozo every morning. Every Holiday season us Bozo fans were treated to a couple of Christmas shorts as part of the show. One of my favorite ones was Suzy Snowflake. The short was based on the song made popular by Rosemary Clooney which was originally recorded in 1951. That same year the short was produced by Centaur Productions. One of the coolest things about the Suzy Snowflake short is that the stop motion animation was created by the great Wah Chang, one of my all time favorite FX artists, whom I have talked a lot on my Star Trek blog since he is responsible for the creation of most of the props and creatures from the Original Series including the Tribbles and the Gorn suit among many others. In this animated short Norma Zimmer was Suzy's voice and the song was sung by The Norman Luboff Choir, a premier studio group who recorded with well-known artists, such as Frank Sinatra and Harry Belafonte. So here it is for your Holiday enjoyment, a true classic: Suzy Snowflake.

1 comment:

djtitoflow said...

suzie snowflake is creepy!! she should fight jack frost, because the world isn't big enough for two magical creatures who make the christmas snow appear. vote for Jack frost. especially the rankin bass jack frost, not the michael keaton snowman faker jack frost.

and bring back bozo!! sundays just arent the same without Bozo!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails